All our white sterling silver jewelry is rhodium plated which gives it extra shine, durability, and a finish that does not fade. In some rare cases, it is possible that some people with allergies notice a darkening of the finish when coming in contact with the skin. This effect can be seen within the first few days.
Our yellow or rose-coloured sterling silver are gold vermeil plated with 10kt or 14kt gold. Gold vermeil involves a much thicker layer of gold to give it that much more durability. To be considered vermeil, the gold must be at least 10 carat and at least 1 micron thick.
Caring for your Silver Jewellery
- Remove your silver jewelry before exercising, washing your hands or showering.
- Always apply perfumes, creams and hair care products before wearing your pieces.
- To clean sterling silver jewelry, buff gently with a dry cloth.
- You may also bring it to your local jewellery for removal of dirt and dust.
Storing your Silver Jewellery
When not wearing your sterling silver jewellery, we recommend that you store it in its original Miss Mimi case or another suitably lined box or pouch.
Solid gold is a precious metal that will not oxidize or discolor. Our white gold jewelry is finished with rhodium plating for extra shine and durability.
Caring for your Gold Jewellery
- Examine your jewelry regularly to make sure settings are snug and clasps are secure.
- To clean gold jewelry, buff gently using a lint free cloth.
- You may also bring it to your local jeweller to restore its shine.